2010. Where do I even start.
If I want to be objective, I’ll say that 2010 has been a year of changes and emotions.
If I want to be crude, I’ll say that 2010 has been a total mindfuck bitchass of a year.
A run down through my year:
1. My limited edition oakley frogskin flew out the car window in Malaysia. FP got me another pair in Feb, but it’s just not the same. You know?
2. I taught myself how to sew. I sewed that pink teddy from scratch, imperfect as it may seem. It’s still a masterpiece to me.
3. I quit coffee for good. Didn’t think it was possible, but I did it. It still amazes me how I can get thru a sleepy day without coffee. I’m awesome.
5. We finally tried the level 30 spicy wings!
6. We got ourselves a Nintendo Wii, as if the PS3 wasn’t enough.
7. FP had an accident that caused him to be homebound for 5 months. We spent a good half of the year indoors and having indoor picnics all the time.
8. FP dabbled in food photography, during our indoor pinics. Awesome shots of awesome food. That must be where this excess weight is coming from
9. WORLD CUP. I had a fantastic June thanks to endless football matches. Lack of sleep was a given of course, but it was so worth it Even though my heart was with Germany through and through, my favourite moment was still the day New Zealand trashed Italy. It was epic.
10. Sour Sally finally opens in Singapore. This made my entire week, the week i discovered about it. Since then, I’ve been downing the froyo with plenty of yummy mochi. I wonder where I can get the mochi, it’s absolutely yummy.
11. Ariel Peterporn saga. This came right in the middle of the world cup, so as you can tell – I had a very interesting June. Can never get the image of Ariel’s big and nice.. watches and his wonderful butt. Yes, I saw both videos. Was awaiting the third one but then.. he just had to turn himself in, sigh sigh. I really hope he won’t be put away for 12 years. I haven’t even watched him live, for god’s sake.
12. Singapore got flooded. Even my neighbourhood got affected, wished I’d been there when it happened but I was at work.
13. Speaking of work, I left the job that I love and ended up in another job, which didn’t last long – for so many reasons. But it gave me the chance to be a mac user for 2 months, so no complaints there.
Top 5 Highlights:
1) World Cup 2010 (we should have it every year!)
2) Discovered Tumblr (only awesome people will get this)
3) Sour Sally opens in Singapore! (mixed mochi ftw)
4) 2 words: iphone 4 (blackberry who?)
5) Ariel Peterporn (my hottest asian man has nice big.. watches and a nice butt)
Top 5 Downers:
1) Broke up with FP (got back 2 weeks later, but it was still one of the darkest periods of the year)
2) Left a job I absolutely loved (this is like a second breakup)
3) FP got into a major traffic accident (left him homebound for 5 months, we spent a good half of the year indoors)
4) Sucking at a new job so bad that it was short-lived; it peaked and ended within 2 months.
5) I didn’t get to travel at all this year
So that was my year. Thought it pretty much sucked, but as I was doing up this post and remembering fun and great stuff – it didn’t seem too bad after all. It’s all about perspective.
Before I did this post, I was feeling afraid to face 2011. But now that I feel better about the year, I look forward to a better year.
It’s all about perspective, isn’t it?