Finally, the most tiring month ever has come to an end. In fact, this week proved to be the most exhausting week in April and that is saying alot considering how stressful the entire month has been
So let’s go through what went on in April, in a nutshell:
- I started taking a keen interest in baking. Was pushed into baking a birthday cake for FP after some unreliable sources let me down. The cake turned out really nice, with strong hints of my habit of personalizing everything. Since then, I have been baking on a weekly basis – experimenting and learning at the same time.
The fruits of my labour are not yet picture perfect but it’s getting there I have tried baking cupcakes, muffins, fairy cakes and brownies so far. I hope I can improve in due time so that I can practice my other passion, food photography.
- Photoshoots for 50 Weeks of Her were quite futile this month. We missed out 2 weeks of shoots while the other two weeks were engulfed with stumped ideas and concepts. But oh well, we’ll try harder in the month of May.
- We went to watch Cats the Musical! It’s my first musical in years (the last time was about three years back?) It was an okay experience but could have been better, much better. Better seats, next time!
- I got sucked into the world of Sookie Stackhouse (funny how some of the characters sound like they are calling her Sucky) of the True Blood series. Bill Compton makes Edward Cullen look like a boy, and that’s saying alot. I am halfway through the first season and rest assured, I will blog about it. Hehehe. Bill Compton brings broody and intense to a whole new level. Me likey lots lots
- Speaking of vampires, I finally finished reading the Twilight series. I did a really long review/spoiler of it so I shall spare you here
- Work. Work kept me really busy. Other smaller projects got completed. Some other major projects still in the works. This is why, I am so exhausted this month. But it’s okay, because I know that satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment will be attained when everything is finished
- FP and I set up a joint savings account. This was something that we had wanted to do for the longest time. And since our careers have stablilized and we have our own individual savings, we figured it’s high time to set up a fund for our future. It’s really nice to build something together with him. It’s truly a significant event for me – this setting up of our joint account.
- And finally, today FP and I celebrate our 6th year anniversary. 6 amazing years and still counting. We’ve grown together as a couple and individually as persons. Seen each other through schooldays to our current careers. Been through hell and back – we almost lost each other, but in the end of the day we managed to stitch it back together good as new. Believe it or not, we are even closer now and much more stronger than ever before. I love you, FP. If I have to go through hell and back again to find the happiness that we have right now, I would. Can’t wait for forever to begin for us, xoxo.
I am truly glad April is now over. Hopefully May will be a less stressful and exhausting month. Maybe it is just me who needs to look after myself in a more effective way